We are delighted to announce that this year Surbiton High School have won no less than three United Learning Best in Everyone Awards!
The annual Science Award, Year 7-9 is awarded to a pupil who has regularly shown:
- Knowledge above and beyond the constraints and expectations of the normal curriculum
- Exceptional practical work
- A passion for discovering the unknown and an intellectual curiosity
We are pleased to announce that the Science Award, Year 7-9 has been awarded to Magdalena as she excels in her Science work completing it to a standard that far surpasses her teachers expectations! Congratulations Magdalena! Watch the full video here.
The annual Sports Team of the Year Award is awarded to a team who:
- Are a credit to their school and are exceptional role models
- Have achieved success at national level in the past 12 months
- Display outstanding togetherness and commitment
The team awarded this fantastic achievement goes to our Under 15 Football Team here at Surbiton High School as they have gone on to achieve many successes at both local and national level! Well done and congratulations to our Under 15 Football Team! Watch the full video here.
Finally, the annual 2020 Support Staff of the Year Award is awarded to a member of support staff who:
- Is an advocate of the school’s ethos and values and demonstrates them in all they do
- Significantly contributes to the wellbeing and outcomes of pupils
- Demonstrates outstanding practice in their field and a close working relationship with the rest of the school and collaborates with other schools
The winner of the Support Staff of the Year Award goes to our very own Mr McDermott who has been piloting an Oxbridge programme with United Learning Academies using his own time in the evenings and at weekends to provide this support. A fantastic achievement – well done Mr McDermott! Watch the full video here.Categories: Whole School