Surbiton High School is friendly and vibrant community where our staff and pupils are supported to flourish and develop.
Working at Surbiton High School you will be surrounded by inspiring colleagues who are leaders in their profession. With approximately 1,600 pupils aged between 4 and 18 and 430 members of staff, we are a large community with excellent scope for growth and collaboration. Our Preparatory Schools are divided into the Boys’ Preparatory School and Girls’ Preparatory School, and the Senior School is girls-only from age 11 upwards.
Our Educational Support Staff play a pivotal role in our School and we welcome applicants from industry, including Finance, Marketing, IT, Human Resources and the different trades.
At Surbiton High School we aim to bring out the ‘Best in Everyone’, and this resonates in the investment that we make in our staff:
- Generous employee benefits package
- Staff well-being forms a core strand of our whole-school strategy
- Extensive CPD opportunities for career development and progression
- Excellent support and training for Trainee Teachers
- Apprenticeship positions in our Support Staff Departments for those wanting to start a new career
- Free lunch during term-time
- Four-week sabbatical after ten years’ continuous service
- Employee Assistance Programme offering confidential counselling and a 24/7 support helpline
- Subsidised staff yoga
- 250+ discounts through Perkbox
- A discount on fees for salaried staff with children who attend any of the schools within the United Learning Group
Looking after staff well-being is our priority. Here’s an overview of our overall benefits offer.
A passion for excellence drives everything we do. If you feel the same way about your career and are driven to work in an environment where you will be empowered to have an impact, while also being challenged and inspired, we would be delighted to hear from you.
Educational Support Staff Vacancies
Teacher Training Programme
Are you ready to take the next step in your career?
United Teaching is the initial teacher training scheme for United Learning, a national group of over 90 schools across England. With us, you can achieve your PGCE and QTS with extensive support from professional mentors, tutors and subject specialists – in a location that suits you. At United Teaching, we don’t just train you to teach – we invest in your potential as a future educational leader, supporting you every step of the way. Click here to find out more.