Our heart-felt congratulations go to our 2023 A-level students this year. They are celebrating outstanding successes across the board with over 25% of results at A* grade, 64% A*-A grade and over 90% A*-B grade.
Over 86% will be heading off to their first-choice university and further to this we have maintained our success rate of successful applications to Russell Group and Times Top 10 Universities, and medical or dental schools with 88% of students heading to these prestigious destinations. The remainder of our students are heading off to study at international universities, take up apprenticeships, or study at some of the most prestigious music and art institutions. This year sees 12 students studying at top Art or Design schools to pursue foundation and other creative courses.
Specific subject highlights include 13 subjects achieving over 70% of all grades A*to A, including Chemistry, Dance, Economics, Fine Art, French, German, Latin, Mathematics, Philosophy, Photography, Religious Studies, Sociology and Spanish.
Further key highlights include:
- Ten students have achieved three or more straight A* grades at A-level – well done to Anna-Maria A, Alice B, Livia B, Lizzie E, Ciara F, Charlotte H, Lily K, Olivia O, Bella P and Lauren V.
- 64 students who have been rewarded with three or more A* to A grades at A-level.
- At least seven students are going to study at Oxbridge – Lorna B (Anglo-Saxon, Norse and Celtic) to Cambridge, and Juliet H (English and French), Annabelle T-W (Chemistry) and Lauren V (Chemistry) to Oxford; with Isobel J (Cambridge), Ava L (Oxford) and Ella P (Cambridge) who received their results last year.
- Two successful applications to North America – Hettie W is heading to Yale and will be playing elite level Hockey, and Maddie G heading to Stamford on a Rowing Scholarship.
- Successful Medical and Veterinary Science applications.
Jon Owen, Director of Sixth Form, stated: