In order to apply for a Football Scholarship, candidates must be an A-team player or equivalent in their current school setting and a Club level performer.
If you feel that your daughter meets these criteria, the next stage is to complete an application and submit references and/or a portfolio, including an up-to-date photo and as much information as possible. This must include information such as:
- School level representation, competitions competed, and place achieved at Club level or representative level.
- Amount of training, ranking or awards gained.
- Referee name, role, club, email address and contact phone number for reference request, if shortlisted.
- Name of club your daughter represents and contact details for her coach.
- Sporting achievements relevant to your daughter’s sport application.
- Further information on any extra-curricular competitive sports that your daughter participates in.
All videos, photos and documents should be uploaded to the Secure Transfer File, provided by the Admissions team, with the file name as your daughter’s full name and a short descriptive title (e.g. JANE SMITH, Coach Reference).
Shortlisting of Candidates
The Head of Football will review each portfolio and, if required, will visit during school or Club level competitions to see your daughter in action. All coaches/PE teachers of shortlisted candidates will be sent a reference request link to complete – please ensure you provide accurate contact details and a valid email address of the referees in your application.
Assessment for Shortlisted Candidates
Shortlisted candidates are invited to attend an assessment session which will consist of fun technical activities and small-sided games. Surbiton High School staff will interact with candidates on a one-to-one basis, however, a formal interview will not be conducted.
Date of Assessment for Year 7 2024 entry
- TBC December 2023
- Group Session – TBC January 2024