Here at Surbiton High School, we take great pride in being one of the leading schools for girls’ football. We are immensely proud to have won a number of schools football most prestigious competitions, including the English Schools National Cup, Independent Schools National Cup and Surrey Schools Cup.
The aim of our football programme is to inspire pupils to develop a lifelong love of the sport by providing opportunities for all ability levels. Pupils enjoy a well-structured programme that places enjoyment and long-term player development, as well as a great significance upon good attitude and behaviour, at the forefront.
We have the utmost care for our pupils, with each pupil being supported to be the best they can be through the following:
- Consistent message and strong emphasis on long-term player development, it’s about the journey and pupils improving throughout their time at Surbiton, as a player and a person.
- Pupils are always encouraged to play ‘The Surbiton Way’, play out from the back, combine with each other and express themselves. Mistakes will happen, we don’t mind them!
- Passionate coaching team including school staff and professional coaches.
- Teams from Year 7 to 6th Form with multiple teams in each of our younger age groups. Pupils are selected for the squads which best suit their ability and development.
- Fixture programme designed to stretch and challenge all age group teams. This includes: entry into County, Regional and National Cup competitions, occasional weekend fixtures against schools/clubs and regular entry into ‘A’ team competitions, such as the Town Cup, for our participation teams, as well as friendlies against local schools.
- Strong relationships with RTCs and club sides.
- Tours are an important and attractive part of sporting life at Surbiton High School. Our football tour to FC Porto allows pupils to form bonds and friendships for life, as well as exploring a new footballing culture.
Ultimately however, more so than anything else listed above, we hope to create a memorable and treasured experience that all of our pupils will cherish for years to come.
If you would like to find out further information on any part of our programme, please contact Mr Elbekri (Head of Football).