Here at Surbiton High School, we take great pride in being one of the leading schools for girls’ football. We are immensely proud to have won several of the most prestigious football competitions for schools, including the ISFA National Cup and Surrey Schools Cup.
The aim of our football programme is to inspire pupils to develop a lifelong love of the sport by providing opportunities for all ability levels. Pupils enjoy a well-structured programme that concentrates on their enjoyment and long-term development, with a great emphasis placed upon the players’ good attitude and behaviour at the forefront.
We have provide the utmost care for our pupils, with each pupil player being supported to be the best they can be to achieve their full potential through the following:
• Consistent message and strong emphasis on the long-term player development. It is about their journey and the pupils improving as both a player and a person throughout their time at Surbiton.
• Pupils are always encouraged to play ‘The Surbiton Way’: Play out from the back, combine with each other and express themselves. Mistakes will happen, but we don’t mind them!
• Passionate coaching team including school staff and professional coaches.
• Our teams groups range from Year 7 to the Sixth Form, with multiple teams available in each of our for our younger players groups. Pupils are selected for the squads which best suit their ability and development.
• A fixture programme designed to stretch and challenge all age group teams. This includes entry into County, Regional and National Cups, regular entry into ‘A’ team competitions (such as the Town Cup) as well as occasional weekend fixtures and friendlies against the local schools/clubs.
• Good relationships with Regional Talent Clubs (RTCs) and club sides.
• Exciting opportunities to explore new footballing cultures, such as the tour to FC Porto. Tours are an important and attractive part of sporting life at Surbiton High School, allowing the pupils to form bonds and friendships for life.
Ultimately, however, more so than anything else listed above, we hope to create a memorable and treasured experience that all our pupils will cherish for years to come.
If you would like to find out further information on any part of our programme, please contact Mr Elbekri (Head of Football).