In order to apply for a Tennis Scholarship, candidates should be heavily involved in a club programme, ideally at a County or Regional performance development centre and have a strong National ranking for their respective age groups.
If you feel that your daughter meets the criteria, the next stage is to complete an application and submit references and/or a portfolio, including an up-to-date photo and as much information as possible. This must include information such as:
- British Tennis Member number.
- LTA rating/ranking.
- Details of LTA National Talent ID days, County, Regional or National training camp invites or County Cup invites.
- Details of your daughter’s regular training schedule.
- Referee name, role, club email address and contact phone number for reference request, if shortlisted.
- Name of club your daughter trains with and her primary coach.
Shortlisting of Candidates
The Head of Tennis will review each portfolio. All coaches/PE teachers of shortlisted candidates will be sent a reference request link to complete – please ensure you provide accurate contact details and a valid email address of the referees in your application.
Assessment for Shortlisted Candidates
Shortlisted candidates are invited to attend an assessment session. During the on-court assessment, candidates will hit against each other, as well as perform some simple drills. They will also play points against each other and will be assessed in all areas. The session will be very similar to any other tennis session they would normally be involved with. Surbiton High School staff will interact with candidates on a one-to-one basis, however, a formal interview will not be conducted.
Date of Assessment for Year 7 2023 entry
Saturday 10 December 2022