In order to apply for a Skiing Scholarship, candidates must be a member of a recognised Ski Race Club with previous race experience.
If you feel that your daughter meets these criteria, the next stage is to complete an application and submit references and a portfolio, including as much information as possible. This must include information such as:
- Video footage of your daughter training/competing, include technical skiing and skiing gates. Video footage supplied via WeTransfer wetransfer.com to firstname.lastname@example.org, with the file saved as your daughter’s name and Scholarship discipline.
- School level representation, competitions raced in, and Club level achievements.
- Amount of training, ranking or race results.
- Referee name, role, club, email address and contact phone number for reference request, if shortlisted.
- Name of club your daughter represents and contact details for her coach.
- Sporting achievements relevant to your daughter’s sport application.
Shortlisting of Candidates
The Head of Skiing will review each portfolio and, if required, will visit during school or Club level competitions to see your daughter in action. All coaches/PE teachers of shortlisted candidates will be sent a reference request link to complete – please ensure you provide accurate contact details and a valid email address of the referees in your application.
Assessment for Shortlisted Candidates
Shortlisted candidates are invited to attend an assessment session. Candidates may be asked to complete stamina and skill-based tests in isolation or in small competitive situations and will take part in timed runs through a slalom course, as well as a technical skills assessment. Surbiton High School staff will interact with candidates on a one-to-one basis, however, a formal interview will not be conducted.
Date of Assessment for Year 7 2023 entry
Week commencing 5 December 2022