Staff, pupils and parents celebrated another strong set of GCSEs this year at Surbiton High School.
Almost 70% of all results were at grade 9-7, with a 100% pass rate and 92 students achieved one or more grade 9, and 62 students achieved five or more GCSEs at grade 9-8.
Particular subject successes have been seen in Design & Technology, Drama, History and Physical Education, with nearly two-thirds of all results at grade 9 or 8. Biology, English Language, English Literature, French, Further Mathematics, Geography, German, Latin, Mathematics, Photography, Physics, Religious Education and Spanish saw over one-third of all results at grade 9 or 8.
Our pupils will continue to build on their successes within the Sixth Form, as they go on to study a broad range of subjects and benefit from the extensive guidance, teaching and mentoring that the dedicated Sixth Form team provides as well as furthering their life-skills through vast co-curricular, academic and leadership opportunities.
Notable results have been achieved by many pupils, but highlighting just a few demonstrates the Co-curricular activities so many of our pupils undertake whilst also studying:
- Tennis ace, Sally, who is ranked 18th in the country achieved 10.5 GCSEs, with 6.5 at grade 9.
- Evie is a talented Music Scholar, who alongside her musical commitments has also achieved 4 grade 9s and 3.5 8s amongst her 10.5 GCSEs.
- Olivia, a committed Rower for Surbiton High has also achieved 11.5 GCSEs with 8 at grade 9.
- Our twins, Anna and Niamh, achieved 8 grade 9 GCSEs and 10 grade 8s amongst their 21 GCSEs.
- Julia, who gained 11.5 GCSEs at grade 9/A* joins her sisters, Leda and Sara, successes from last week when they achieved 1 A*, 6 As, and 1 B at A-level.
Rebecca Glover, Principal, commented:
Congratulations to all our Year 11 pupils on their hard work in achieving great results under the rigorous GCSE exams. Their results conceal the true merits of the broad education that Surbiton High School provides and they move onto the next stage of their education as well-rounded individuals with compassion, discipline and commitment, willing to push their own boundaries. I am proud of them all and look forward to seeing what they can achieve in Sixth Form.
If you’d like to find out more about studying at Surbiton High School, please click here or register for one of our Open Events.Exams Senior School